Social Media Volunteer - Emmaus Salford
Are you active on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other social media platforms? Keen to use and build your skills helping a Salford homeless charity? If so, we need your help to raise the profile of Emmaus Salford. We’re looking for a dedicated volunteer to help manage and grow our community of supporters.
- Research and create content for different social media channels
- Take good quality images within Emmaus Salford shops
- Write warm-hearted messages to engage supporters
- Support the Regional PR Officer on local and national campaigns.
- We’re looking for a dedicated individual with experience of Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
- Good written ability and communication skills
- Interest in photography and a keen eye for detail
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and a positive, can-do attitude
- Knowledge of marketing and public relations is also desirable.
Training, support and benefits
- As an Emmaus Salford volunteer you will be given a full induction when you start.
- A staff member and companion will support you throughout your time as a volunteer.
- We will offer you an opportunity to develop your skills and experience.
- We will provide further training where possible.
- We will provide you with travel expenses on the days that you volunteer.
We are looking for volunteers who are able to commit to at least 1 or more days a week (9am - 4:30pm). Weekend work also available. We can be flexible in terms of what day(s) these will be.
Volunteer Application Forms are available from all of our Emmaus Salford shops or you can download an application form here. Please follow the instructions on the form for submitting your completed application. We do not accept CV’s.
If you wish to talk to someone about volunteering please call Rachel on 0161 737 8279.Register your interest