Volunteer Gardener - Emmaus Salford
Do you love working outdoors, gardening or growing flowers and veg? Do you have green fingers? We are looking for volunteers to use their skills and assist with the maintenance of our grounds, garden and greenhouse around Emmaus House.
- Tend to garden areas and growing beds
- Mowing the grass and weeding
- Maximise use of the greenhouse for growing salad crops, herbs seedlings and fresh food
- Assist in developing a management plan and growing cycle for the garden
- Plant seeds, look after plants and harvest food
- Help to maintain the garden equipment and tools.
- We’re looking for a dedicated individual with some knowledge of gardening and growing veg and flowers
- Experience of managing a large garden or allotment
- An ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Flexible attitude to types of jobs required within the role
- Respect for Emmaus values and the organisation’s policies
- A pleasant manner, good communication skills and the ability to deal with a variety of people
We are looking for a volunteer that will commit to at least 1 day per week and this may include Saturdays. We can be flexible in terms of what day(s) these will be.
Training, support and benefits:
- As an Emmaus volunteer you will be given a full induction when you start.
- A staff member will support you throughout your time as a volunteer.
- We will offer you an opportunity to develop your skills and experience for a worthwhile cause.
- We will look to provide further training where possible.
- We will provide you with dinner and travel expenses on the days that you volunteer.
Volunteer Application Forms are available from all of our Emmaus Salford shops or you can download an application form here. Please follow the instructions on the form for submitting your completed application. We do not accept CV’s.
If you wish to talk to someone about volunteering please call Rachel on 0161 737 8279.Register your interest