Retail Assistant - Emmaus Salford
Do you have an eye for good quality furniture, antiques or other household goods or clothes? Have you got experience of retail or have worked in a charity shop previously? Come and join the Emmaus Salford team, working alongside formerly homeless people in one of our three shops to help our charity grow.
- Sorting donations and replenishing stock
- Keeping the shop clean, tidy and inviting for customers
- Merchandising and helping to display the goods we sell
- Helping with sales and customer service
- Taking payments by cash or card
- And if you have the skills, supporting our on-line sales.
- We’re looking for dedicated individuals with experience of charity shops or retail.
- Good knowledge of or interest in furniture, household and small electrical goods, antiques, vintage, clothing, etc.
- Team work and people skills are essential
- Motivated, enthusiastic and with a positive attitude
- Customer service skills
Training, support and benefits:
- As an Emmaus Salford volunteer you will be given a full induction when you start.
- A staff member and companion will support you throughout your time as a volunteer.
- We will offer you an opportunity to develop your skills and experience
- We will provide further training where possible.
- We will provide you with travel expenses on the days that you volunteer.
We are looking for volunteers who are able to commit to at least 1 or more days a week (9:30am - 4pm). Weekend work also available. We can be flexible in terms of what day(s) these will be.
If you are interested in this role please contact Simon or Rachel on 0161 737 8279 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.orgRegister your interest