Volunteer Driver - Emmaus Salford
Can you give a few hours on a regular basis to volunteer as a van driver at Emmaus Salford? If so, we are looking for a Volunteer Driver to assist us on one day per week. Emmaus Salford is developing and we need your help to support our social enterprise activity, collecting and delivering items to and from the Emmaus Salford shops, workshop and warehouse.
- To drive one of the Emmaus Salford vehicles
- Assisting with collections and deliveries of furniture
- Supporting the Logistics Team who plan the delivery and collection routes
- Providing customers with information about Emmaus Salford
- Assisting with Vehicles checks and keeping the vehicle(s) clean and in good working order
- Completing paperwork for collections and deliveries
- We are seeking someone who has a full, clean driving licence and preferably with experience of driving a large van
- Good knowledge of Salford and the Greater Manchester road network
- Health and safety awareness
- Knowledge of vehicle maintenance preferred
- A flexible attitude towards types of jobs required within the role
- Respect for and compliance with the organisations policies
- A willingness to participate in relevant and appropriate training in order to carry out the duties required in the role
- A pleasant manner and good customer service skills
- Reliability and an ability to work as part of a team
We are looking for a volunteer that will commit to at least 1 day per week (9:30am-4pm). The days will need to fall between Monday and Friday, but we can be flexible in terms of what day(s) these will be.
Training, support and benefits:
- As an Emmaus volunteer you will be given a full induction when you start.
- A staff member and companion will support you throughout your time as a volunteer.
- We will offer you an opportunity to develop your skills and experience.
- We will look to provide further training where possible.
- We will provide you with dinner and travel expenses on the days that you volunteer.
If you are interested in this role please contact Simon or Rachel on 0161 737 8279 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.orgRegister your interest