Volunteer Kitchen Assistant
Do you have chef experience and a passion for cooking? Want to improve the diet at our Leeds community and develop the skills of our companions? We’re looking for an enthusiastic kitchen assistant to work alongside companions, improving their cooking skills whilst creating tasty meals for the whole Emmaus Leeds community.
Summary of tasks:
- Food preparation and cooking
- Menu development
- Developing people and mentoring
- Food hygiene record keeping
We’re looking for a dedicated individual with experience of kitchen work…
- Knowledge of healthy eating and diets
- Ability to train and develop others
- Team work and good people skills
- Good knowledge of health and safety procedures
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and a positive, can do attitude.
We are looking for a volunteer that will commit to at least four hours a week but we are open to people who could provide occasional workshops to our companions.
Training, support and benefits:
- As an Emmaus Leeds volunteer you will be given a full induction when you start
- A staff member and companion will support you throughout your time as a volunteer
- We will offer you an opportunity to develop your skills and experience for a worthwhile cause
- We will look to provide further training where possible
- We will pay for volunteer travel expenses within the Leeds area
- We will provide you with a full lunch on the days that you volunteer.
To register your interest or find out more please call Gina Morrison on 0113 380 7849 or email firstname.lastname@example.orgRegister your interest