Do you love working outdoors, gardening or growing your own food? We are looking for volunteers to use their skills and assist with our Participation Garden in Seaforth. We have exciting plans for the year ahead and are keen to work with local volunteers on the development of our garden space.
Summary of tasks:
- Tend to garden areas and growing beds
- Assist in developing a management plan and growing cycle for the garden
- Plant seeds, look after plants and harvest food
- Teach companions and other volunteers about gardening
We’re looking for a dedicated individual with some knowledge of gardening and food growing. Whether you’ve got skills and experience gained on an allotment or through growing food at home, we would love for you to help us develop our garden areas. We are looking for volunteers who are willing to work alongside Emmaus Merseyside companions and other volunteers, to pass on their skills and knowledge to others. Ideally the volunteer would have some knowledge of Emmaus and the work we do to support formerly homeless people.
We are looking for volunteers who are able to commit to at least 1 or more days a week (9:30am - 4pm). Weekend work also available. We can be flexible in terms of what day(s) these will be.
Training, support and benefits
- As an Emmaus Merseyside volunteer you will be given a full induction when you start.
- A staff member and companion will support you throughout your time as a volunteer.
- We will offer you an opportunity to develop your skills and experience for a worthwhile cause.
- We will provide further training where possible.
- We will provide you with travel expenses on the days that you volunteer.
If are interested in this role please e-mail or call Angie on email@example.com - 0151 928 1588Register your interest