Charity Shop Volunteer
Love charity shops? Have a few hours to spare each week? Give your time to support Emmaus Burnley by volunteering in one of our two charity shops. We are always open to dedicated volunteers who would like to help out at our Burnley or Rochdale stores.
The duties of a Charity Shop Volunteer would be:
- Sorting and preparing donated items
- Helping customers select items
- Maximizing use of shop floor, and
- Arranging stock displays.
We’re looking for a dedicated individual with experience of charity shops or retail…
- Good knowledge of designer labels and clothing brands
- Ability to work fast and accurately
- Team work and good people skills
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and a positive attitude.
We are looking for a volunteer that will commit to at least 1 day per week (9:30am-4pm) or 2 half-days. You can volunteer any day between Monday and Sunday and we can be flexible in terms of what day(s) these will be.
Training, support and benefits:
- As an Emmaus volunteer you will be given a full induction when you start.
- A staff member and companion will support you throughout your time as a volunteer.
- We will offer you an opportunity to develop your skills and experience for a worthwhile cause.
- We will look to provide further training where possible.
- We will provide you with dinner and travel expenses on the days that you volunteer.
If you’re interested in volunteering to be part of the Emmaus Burnley team contact us on 01282 430860 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.orgRegister your interest