Volunteer Kitchen Assistant
Do you have experience of catering for many people? Happy to create, prep and cook dishes or work alongside a fellow chef? Support Emmaus Burnley and help to keep our community of companions well fed.
The duties of a Catering Assistant would be:
- Kitchen portering
- Food preparation
- Food hygiene record keeping
- We’re looking for a dedicated individual with experience of kitchen work
- Knowledge of health eating and diets
- Good knowledge of health and safety proceedures
- Ability to work fast and accurately
- Team work and good people skills
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and a positive, can do attitude.
We are looking for a volunteer that will commit to at least 1 day per week (9:30am-4pm) or 2 half-days. You can volunteer any day between Monday and Saturday and we can be flexible in terms of what day(s) these will be.
Training, support and benefits:
- As an Emmaus volunteer you will be given a full induction when you start.
- A staff member will support you throughout your time as a volunteer.
- We will offer you an opportunity to develop your skills and experience for a worthwhile cause.
- We will look to provide further training where possible.
- We will provide you with dinner and travel expenses on the days that you volunteer.
Interested in this rewarding role at Emmaus Burnley? Volunteer with us by calling Jemma on 01282 430860 or e-mail email@example.comRegister your interest