Handy with your hands? Good at DIY, furniture restoration and household repairs? Confident at keeping buildings and vehicles in tip top condition? Then volunteer to put your skills to good use and help Emmaus Burnley.
The duties of the Volunteer Handyworker would be:
- Painting and decorating
- Basic joinery
- Basic electrical work
- Ground works
- Oil and filter changes
- Cleaning the vehicles
- Basic bodywork repairs
- We’re looking for a dedicated individual with good DIY skills…
- Ability to carry out basic building maintenance duties
- Knowledge of vehicle safety checks
- Knowledge of health and safety procedures
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and a positive, can do attitude.
We are looking for a volunteer that will commit to at least 1 day per week (9:30am-4pm). The days will need to fall between Monday and Saturday but we can be flexible in terms of what day(s) these will be.
Training, support and benefits:
- As an Emmaus volunteer you will be given a full induction when you start.
- A staff member and companion will support you throughout your time as a volunteer.
- We will offer you an opportunity to develop your skills and experience for a worthwhile cause.
- We will look to provide further training where possible.
- We will provide you with dinner and travel expenses on the days that you volunteer.
So if your interested in giving your time and gaining experience in this area contact Jemma on 01282 430860 or e-mail email@example.comRegister your interest