Do you have skills in upcycling, woodwork or furniture restoration? Are you creative and want to put your skills to good use? We’re looking for a dedicated volunteer to produce upcycled creations from the materials we get donated. We want someone to help bring old furniture back to life, create new products and pass on their skills to people within our community.
Summary of tasks:
- Upcycle old furniture items and materials into new products
- Repair, refurbish and re-upholster furniture items
- Paint, varnish and polish furniture items
- Adhere to workshop health and safety practices
- We’re looking for a dedicated individual with creative skills, knowledge and experience of working in a joinery workshop.
- Joinery or woodwork experience essential
- Knowledge of workshop machinery (e.g. band saw, lathes and sanders)
- Creative and problem solving skills
- A willingness to pass on skills and teach others.
We are looking for volunteers who are able to commit to at least 1 or more days a week (9:30am - 4pm). Weekend work also available. We can be flexible in terms of what day(s) these will be.
Training, support and benefits
- As an Emmaus Merseyside volunteer you will be given a full induction when you start.
- A staff member and companion will support you throughout your time as a volunteer.
- We will offer you an opportunity to develop your skills and experience for a worthwhile cause.
- We will provide further training where possible.
- We will provide you with travel expenses on the days that you volunteer.
If are interested in this role please e-mail or call Honora on firstname.lastname@example.org - 0151 928 1588Register your interest