Social Media Volunteer
Are you active on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other social media platforms? Looking to use your skills to help a Leeds homeless charity? If so, we need your help to raise the profile of Emmaus Leeds online. We’re looking for a dedicated volunteer to help manage and grow our community of supporters. We want someone to capture images and create content that will inform our supporters and encourage them to donate or visit one of our stores.
Summary of tasks:
- Research and create content for different social media channels
- Take good quality images within Emmaus Leeds shops
- Write warm-hearted messages to engage supporters
- Support the Regional PR Officer on local and national campaigns
- We’re looking for a dedicated individual with experience of Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
- Good written ability and communication skills
- Interest in photography and a keen eye for detail
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and a positive, can-do attitude
- Knowledge of marketing and public relations is also desirable.
We are looking for a volunteer that will commit to at least 1 day per week (9:30am-4pm) or 2 half-days. We can be flexible in terms of what day(s) these will be.
Training, support and benefits:
- As an Emmaus Leeds volunteer you will be given a full induction when you start
- A staff member and companion will support you throughout your time as a volunteer
- We will offer you an opportunity to develop your skills and experience for a worthwhile cause
- We will look to provide further training where possible
- We will pay for volunteer travel expenses within the Leeds area
- We will provide you with a full lunch on the days that you volunteer.
To register your interest or find out more please call Gina Morrison on 0113 380 7849 or email firstname.lastname@example.orgRegister your interest