Serving proper coffee, tasty breakfasts and delicious lunches, as well as our famous home-made cakes, our popular em's Bistro (found opposite our Home Store) is a relaxed and welcoming place to take a break. We pride ourselves on the friendliness of our service, welcoming surroundings, and above all, good food. So take a seat in one of our cosy chairs, and enjoy a well-deserved break.
Our Bistro kitchen uses fruit and vegetables grown by our companions and we often bake our delicious cakes on-site too.
- Our Winter Menu features classic warming dishes such as Stew & Dumplings, Liver & Bacon and Beef Chilli & Rice.
- Hot and cold drinks menu, including speciality coffees, tea and hot chocolate
- Home-made cakes and treats
- Breakfasts served 9.30am - 11.30am (vegan & vegetarian menu available)
- Cold lunch menu served 11.30am - 2.30pm
- Hot lunch menu available on weekdays until further notice.
- Returning 1st May 2019: Afternoon Teas (pre-bookings only: see below for details)
Bistro opening times:
Tuesday - Saturday 9.30am - 4.30pm
Sunday 10.00am - 4.00pm
Returning 1st May 2019: Afternoon Teas
**Afternoon Tea Gift Vouchers now on sale - ideal Christmas or Birthday gift! Ask at the till**
Featuring delicate sandwiches, delicious cakes and scones, all served on vintage crockery with tea or coffee - we’re excited to be able to offer this new treat to our customers. Teas are pre-bookable only, Wednesdays to Sundays 2.30pm - 3.30pm. £8 per person or £14 for two, including a reserved table.
Bookings open now, for dates from May 1st 2019. To book yours, call us on 01234 981707.
Making a difference
All proceeds from em's Bistro support the work of Emmaus Village Carlton. Every penny you spend with us goes back into the charity, as we work together to end homelessness.
Click here for directions and click the video below for a sneak peek inside the Bistro.