Donate goods to Emmaus Village Carlton
Tell us what you have to offer and we'll take care of the rest01234 720826
Tue-Sat 9.30am - 4.30pm Sunday 10am - 4pm Or use our Donate goods form
Your donated goods help
If you are looking to donate your unwanted items to a local Bedfordshire charity then Emmaus Village Carlton is happy to accept most quality clothing and household goods. The items are then sold in our Home Store, raising funds to help us continue to change the lives of formerly homeless people in your area.
We are also a Charity Car partner - click here to find out how to donate the value of your old car us.
Two ways to donate: collection or drop off...
1. Book a free collection
If an item is too large to fit in your car, we offer a free collection from your home or business. Please click here to complete a Donate Goods Form online or call us on 01234 720826 (Tue-Sat 9.30am-4.30pm) to book a collection. Our collection van drives all around the local area, up to a maximum distance of 20 miles. If you are unsure how close you are, please view our location on Google maps.
When a collection is booked you will be asked to describe your items. There are certain items we are unfortunately unable to accept via our collection service, these include:
- Goods that are not in a saleable condition (this includes tears and stains)
- Tables without chairs and chairs with no table
- Bric-a-brac, clothing and books
- Baby equipment (toys, cots, prams)
- Sports equipment
- Pianos or organs
- Bikes will only be collected if accompanied by furniture
- Flat pack furniture
- Wall display units with cupboards at the bottom and glass doors at the top
In addition to this please ensure:
- All white goods are in full working order with seals intact and no rust
- Washing machines must be working, complete with all hoses, not more than 10 years old, and they must be unplumbed for the driver to load on to the van
- Bunk beds and cabin beds have assembly instructions
All items that are delivered or collected must be on the ground floor of the property. Items being collected will be inspected by our driver and acceptance of items is at the discretion of the driver.
2. Drop off your items
Our donations Drop off area is found on site next to our Home Store and is open Monday to Saturday 9.30am - 4.30pm and Sunday 10am - 4pm. Please avoid dropping off donations at other times as they may be damaged by bad weather if left outside. Thanks for your cooperation.
Donation Drop off criteria
We rely on your continued support and kind donations to keep us going. We are only able to re-sell quality items in our store, so unfortunately we are unable to accept donations which are of poor quality. Each year we have to spend £47,000 to pay for the disposal of all the poor quality donated items, so we'd really appreciate your help to reduce this bill by taking a look at the criteria below before donating. Please help us by ensuring that your donated items are:
- Clean and in a resalable condition
- Items must be complete and in good working order
- Upholstered furniture must have a fire label attached
- Electrical items must be less than 10 years old
- TV’s and DVD players must include a remote and two scart lead sockets
Items we are UNABLE accept:
- Non flat screen televisions
- Computer monitors
- Video or audio tapes
- Baby equipment; buggies, cots, prams, car seats, high chairs, play pens
- Office equipment
- Pillows and duvets
- Flatpack furniture
Many thanks for your support.