Join our community
- Are you or someone you know homeless or at risk of homelessness?
- Are you looking for a supportive place to live and work?
- Are you are a referral agency, friend or family member working with someone who needs a home?
Emmaus Village Carlton offers a safe and supportive community environment for 42 companions. We ask that each companion volunteers five days a week, or to the best of their ability, in one of our second-hand social enterprise stores. It is through this work that we earn money to run the community.
Companions can stay for as long as they need to, in exchange for volunteering and agreeing to the following commitments:
- Not to bring alcohol or illegal drugs onto the site.
- To sign off all benefits, with the exception of housing benefit.
- To behave respectfully to one another.
Each companion is given their own room, clothing, food and drink, as well as a small weekly allowance.
If you would like to discuss anything about joining our community, please call our Support Office on 01234 720826.
Decisions on who is invited to join the community are based on whether Emmaus Village Carlton can meet their needs and offer appropriate support, as well as provide a safe environment for the applicant, community and others.