Tell us what you have to offer and we'll take care of the rest01656 750829
Mon-Sat 9.30am-5.30pm, Sunday 10.00am-4.00pm Or use our Donate goods form
Thank you for considering donating your unwanted goods to Emmaus South Wales.
You can pop in and donate your goods to any of our seven shops throughout South Wales, or for larger items arrange collection (postcode restrictions apply).
We rely on your continued support and kind donations to keep us going and always do our utmost to sell, recycle or otherwise get an income from everything you give us.
To make things easier we have created two lists of items that we can accept (“Yes please”), and those that we are unable to take for various reasons (“No thanks”). If you are unsure as to whether your donations are suitable, or to arrange a collection, please speak to a member of our team at the Superstore on 01656 750829, who will be happy to help you.
Once you're familiar with what we can and cannot accept, please fill in the form or give us a call.
Yes please (items we can accept)
- Good quality furniture
- Soft furnishings: Beds, sofas and occasional chairs. These must have a valid Fire Safety label still attached to each item
- Bric-a-Brac: China, glassware and kitchenware
- Books: Good condition paperbacks, coffee table books, hardbacks, academic, rare, collectors and children’s and we love any 1st editions!
- Textiles: Curtains, household linens, fabric, and clothes
- Arts & crafts: Sewing machines, wool, fabric, art supplies etc
- Media: Records, CDs & DVDs
- Small Electricals: DVD players, kettles, lamps etc
- Baby items: Prams, pushchairs and cots
No thanks (items we cannot accept)
- Gas appliances (we are not Gas Safe registered)
- Foam backed carpets (fall apart)
- Pianos (Health and Safety issue. Too heavy for our van crews to move safely)
- Upholstered furniture (anything with foam) without correct label. Including headboards, sofas, chairs, footstools (We must meet all legal and Trading standards requirements — items must comply with the 1988 or 1993 furniture regulations)
- Flat packed furniture (Bits get separated or broken, and items become unsaleable)
- Safety equipment: crash helmets (we cannot test and guarantee the integrity of these items)
- Soft toys and games that do not have CE labels (items without CE label do not meet legal requirements)
- Gas bottles, paint, paraffin, petrol, aerosols or other flammable substance (Health & Safety)
- Inflatable items such as dinghies, mattresses, swimming aids
- Any other item that is not in a saleable or fit condition to be sold
We are particularly seeking quality donations in our Aberdare and Neath stores. Why not donate your unwanted furniture, electricals and Bric-a-Brac to us. We can even collect large items for FREE! (postcode restrictions apply)