Trustee - Emmaus Salford
Emmaus Salford is keen to refresh the membership of our board of trustees and to broaden our shared expertise. We are keen to appoint people with suitable skills and an interest in our work, however, we specifically need someone with knowledge and experience in Health & Safety.
Emmaus Salford is a local charity that supports people who have experienced homelessness. Our companions (residents), who are all formerly homeless, now live and work in our community which operates a social enterprise and shops across Salford.
Make a difference
As a trustee, you will help us provide more services to previously homeless people, helping them to develop and to live independently. We wish to increase our impact, expand our social enterprise and continue to support the local community through our social supermarket and other initiatives.
Our plans for expansion demonstrates creativity, innovation and a willingness to invest in the future. All of which requires careful planning, collaboration and partnership working.
Make an impact
- Using your knowledge and skills you can make a tangible difference to our charity
- Your help can navigate a period of significant growth in our social enterprise, and within the community home
- You will be working with highly engaged trustees and our small efficient team of staff.
Express an interest:
- Email: email@example.com to let us know you are interested. We will then send you a form to complete.
- Once you have returned the completed form, we'll arrange a face to face meeting with a couple of Trustees and the Community Director.
- You will be invited to visit the Community and a Companion will give you a tour of our main building.
- We'd also like you to observe the Board in action which will mean attending a meeting. Following that meeting, we will give feedback to the Chair of the Board.