Retail Volunteer - Emmaus Salford
Do you have an eye for good quality furniture, antiques or other household goods or clothes? Have you got experience of working in a charity shop, sorting charity donations or warehouse experience? Come and join the Emmaus Salford team and help out in one of our three shops.
- Helping with merchandising and retail displays
- Helping with sales and customer service
- Taking payments by cash or card
- Sorting donations and replenishing stock
- Keeping the shop clean, tidy and inviting for customers
- And if you have the skills, supporting our on-line sales.
- We’re looking for dedicated individuals with experience of charity shops or retail.
- Good knowledge of or interest in furniture, household and small electrical goods, antiques, vintage, clothing, etc.
- Team work and people skills are essential
- Motivated, enthusiastic and with a positive attitude
- Customer service skills
Training, support and benefits:
- As an Emmaus Salford volunteer you will be given a full induction when you start.
- A staff member and companion will support you throughout your time as a volunteer.
- We will offer you an opportunity to develop your skills and experience.
- We will provide further training where possible.
- We will provide you with travel expenses on the days that you volunteer.
We are looking for volunteers who are able to commit to at least 1 or more days a week (9am - 4:30pm). Weekend work also available. We can be flexible in terms of what day(s) these will be.
Volunteer Application Forms are available from all of our Emmaus Salford shops or you can download an application form here. Please follow the instructions on the form for submitting your completed application. We do not accept CV’s.
If you wish to talk to someone about volunteering please call Rachel on 0161 737 8279.
Register your interest