Volunteer Maths & English Mentor
Do you have experience of adult education? Want to help people to build essential skills for life? Get involved as a volunteer mentor at Emmaus Preston and help to build the Maths and English skills our community members.
The duties of a mentor would be:
- Help to develop people's Maths and English skills
- Work with individuals on a 1 to 1 basis
- Teach basic skills, relevant to everyday life
- Assist people in working towards accredited qualifications.
- We’re looking for a dedicated individual with experience of adult education…
- Good knowledge of different teaching methods
- An understanding of people with complex needs
- Team work and excellent people skills
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and a positive attitude.
We are looking for a volunteer that will commit to at least 1 day per week (9:30am-4pm) or 2 half-days. You can volunteer any day between Monday and Sunday and we can be flexible in terms of what day(s) these will be.
Training, support and benefits:
- As an Emmaus volunteer you will be given a full induction when you start.
- A staff member and companion will support you throughout your time as a volunteer.
- We will offer you an opportunity to develop your skills and experience for a worthwhile cause.
- We will look to provide further training where possible.
- We will provide you with dinner and travel expenses on the days that you volunteer.
If you are interested in this role and would like a chat please contact Karen on 01772 796622 or e-mail email@example.comRegister your interest