Do you have green fingers? Keen to work with plants? Enjoy the freedom or working outdoors? Then come and help us keep our community garden in check by volunteering with homelessness charity Emmaus Preston.
The duties of a gardener would be:
- Mowing the grass
- General tidying of our garden areas
We’re looking for a dedicated individual with some knowledge of gardening and/or food growing. Whether you’ve got skills and experience gained on an allotment or through growing at home, we would love for you to help us develop our community garden. We are looking for someone who is willing to work alongside Emmaus companions and other volunteers, to pass on their skills and knowledge to others.
We are looking for a volunteer that will commit to at least 1 day per week (9:30am-4pm). The days will need to fall between Monday and Friday but we can be flexible in terms of what day(s) these will be.
Training, support and benefits:
- As an Emmaus volunteer you will be given a full induction when you start.
- A staff member will support you throughout your time as a volunteer.
- We will offer you an opportunity to develop your skills and experience for a worthwhile cause.
- We will look to provide further training where possible.
- We will provide you with dinner and travel expenses on the days that you volunteer.
Interested in being a volunteer gardener at Emmaus Preston? Then call Karen on 01772 796622 or e-mail email@example.comRegister your interest