Volunteer Shop Assistant
Retail more your thing? Prefer to be selling than lifting? Then volunteer to be a Shop Assistant in our Preston charity shops and help our community for formerly homeless people grow.
The duties of a retail assistant would be:
- Helping customers select items
- Taking payments by cash or card
- Maximizing use of shop floor, and
- Arranging stock displays.
- We’re looking for a dedicated individual with experience of charity shops or retail…
- Good knowledge of designer labels and clothing brands
- Ability to work fast and accurately
- Team work and good people skills
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and a positive attitude.
We are looking for a volunteer that will commit to at least 1 day per week (9:30am-4pm) or 2 half-days. You can volunteer any day between Monday and Sunday and we can be flexible in terms of what day(s) these will be.
Training, support and benefits:
- As an Emmaus volunteer you will be given a full induction when you start.
- A staff member and companion will support you throughout your time as a volunteer.
- We will offer you an opportunity to develop your skills and experience for a worthwhile cause.
- We will look to provide further training where possible.
- We will provide you with dinner and travel expenses on the days that you volunteer.
So if you’re a sales driven person and have a free day or weekend off, then volunteer to be part of our retail team by calling Karen on 01772 796622 or e-mail email@example.comRegister your interest