Paying it forward
Another key thing that distinguishes us is what we call 'solidarity'. This is where our companions (and staff) 'pay it forward' by providing support for other people in need.
Here are some examples of some of the things we do:
- Helping elderly or disabled people with their gardens and decoration
- Providing a 10% discount for people on benefits
- Giving talks to schools about the perils of taking drugs and breaking the law
- Fundraising for other charities
- Helping Emmaus Bosnia (several companions have gone there to help them)
- Providing two solidarity places to failed asylum seekers, who otherwise wouldn’t be able to get even emergency accommodation because they aren’t entitled to benefits.