Our vision is to enable homeless people to rebuild their lives through a social enterprise that enriches and involves the local community. An Emmaus community, once established, turns 'charity' on its head.
- Our Emmaus community will aim to be self-funding within 3-5 years, using the money generated through our social enterprise.
- It is a flagship social enterprise in the North East, working in partnership with local councils, other charitable bodies and community groups such as schools and churches.
- We provide work, a home and companionship for up to 15 people, as well as creating jobs for local people and lots of volunteering opportunities too.
- Our shops in Hebburn and Low fell already employs three local staff and has a highly valued team of volunteers.
- Our Emmaus community - like the others spread across the UK and abroad - will help people who have been homeless to discover new confidence and self-respect through working with others and contributing to the life of the wider community.
- By helping to address homelessness and unemployment in the North East, our Emmaus community will save the taxpayer over £500,000 every year.