Donate goods to Emmaus Mossley
Tell us what you have to offer and we'll take care of the rest01457 838 608
Tue-Sat, 9am-4.30pm Or use our Donate goods form
One very important way in which you can help Emmaus Mossley is to donate items which we can then sell. We rely on your continued support and kind donations to keep us going and always do our utmost to sell, recycle or otherwise get an income from everything you give us.
We are happy to accept most household items but there are some exceptions for either legal or practical reasons. This includes soft furnishings without a fire label, safety items, baby equipment or any item that is not in a good, saleable condition. The rule of thumb when deciding whether your items are suitable to donate is – Will someone be willing to buy it from our shop?
Please note we are not currently accepting donations of books, prams/buggies or any nursery items such as baby walkers, car seats and safety gates.
What we will accept:
- Electrical equipment (flat screen TVs, music players, mp3 players, digital radios, kitchen appliances, sewing machines, vacuum cleaners, etc).
- Household linen
- Records, CDs, Tapes, DVDs and computer games
- Soft furnishings (beds, mattresses, sofas etc with a valid 1988 Fire Safety Label – examples of the labels can be found below)
- Toys (with a valid CE Safety Mark)
- White goods (fridges and freezers must be in good working order and have their seals intact)
What we are unable to accept:
- Soft furnishings (beds, mattresses, sofas etc) without a 1988 Fire Safety Label (see examples below)
- Any baby items
- Fridges or freezers with defective seals
- Old box style televisions
- VHS video cassettes
- Gas bottles
- Tins containing paraffin, petrol or any other flammables
- Old tins of paint
- Items in a damaged or poor condition or that we consider to be unsaleable.
How to donate goods:
We would prefer items for donation to be brought to the Emmaus Mossley shop. There is a doorway in the yard with a “Donations” sign above where you drop off items to a member of the Emmaus community.
If you need us to collect larger items we can arrange to pick them up. Please complete the Donations Form or call 01457 838608 to book in the collection. However, for financial and environmental reasons we cannot justify sending a large van to collect a few small items. Our vans undertake many collections and deliveries each day five days a week so please be patient. We will pick up your items as soon as possible.
We will aim to get in touch with you within two working days to arrange a collection date and time, using the contact telephone number you provide. We try to offer collections within an hour long slot on an agreed date in order to try and minimise any disruption to your day and to make the most effective use of our van. We do not make a charge for our collection service unless you wish us to carry out a House Clearance.