Volunteer Re-Use Shop Assistant
Are you interested in giving your time to support a local homelessness charity? Do you have an eye for good quality furniture, antiques or other household goods? Have you got experience of working in a charity shop, sorting charity donations or warehouse experience? If so, we have an opportunity for you to help out at our brand new Charity Re-use Shop which is opening very soon.
Summary of tasks
- Sort through donations of furniture
- Prepare items for distribution to our Superstore and for display in the shop
- Help with merchandising and retail displays
- Replenish stocks and customer service
We’re looking for dedicated individuals with experience of charity shops or retailing…
- Good knowledge of or interest in furniture, household and small electrical goods, antiques etc.
- Ability to work fast and accurately
- Team work and people skills
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and a positive attitude.
We are looking for volunteers who are able to commit to at least 1 or more days a week (9:30am - 4pm). Weekend work also available. We can be flexible in terms of what day(s) these will be.
Training, support and benefits
- As an Emmaus Merseyside volunteer you will be given a full induction when you start.
- A staff member and companion will support you throughout your time as a volunteer.
- We will offer you an opportunity to develop your skills and experience for a worthwhile cause.
- We will provide further training where possible.
- We will provide you with travel expenses on the days that you volunteer.
If are interested in this role please e-mail or call Angie on firstname.lastname@example.org - 0151 928 1588Register your interest