Retail Supervisor - Emmaus Leeds
Do you have retail experience and a passion for developing people? Emmaus Leeds is looking for a Retail Supervisor to develop our social enterprise and the skills of our companions.
Emmaus Leeds is a charity which provides a home and meaningful work to people who have experienced homelessness.
The people who are supported at Emmaus Leeds (known as companions) work in our social enterprise to generate the income necessary to sustain the charity. Our social enterprise operations consists of a Superstore, a stall in Leeds Kirkgate Market, and a small shop in Halton – all selling items donated by the people of Leeds and the surrounding area.
We are looking for someone who is interested in homelessness issues, and re-use/recycling, to supervise a team of companions to help them achieve their individual and team goals. This is not, however, simply a sales role as you will be empowering, motivating and encouraging companions to achieve their full potential by sharing your own retail experience.
What does the role involve?
- To help make Emmaus Leeds the go-to shop for the price conscious to buy stylish, second-hand furniture and other goods in Leeds
- To practise excellent customer service skills and resolve any customer issues
- To ensure pricing is correct
- To display goods to their best advantage and teach companions these skills
- To maintain health and safety measures and store cleanliness
- To work closely with the warehouse supervisor to ensure stock rotation is timely
- To oversee the end of day cashing up
- To oversee training of new companions
- To supervise volunteers appropriately within the shop.
What’s in it for me?
This is an exciting opportunity for a successful retail professional with a proven track record to move into charity retailing. At Emmaus Leeds you will be able to get involved in every aspect of a retail business and have real decision-making power which will directly help to change people’s lives. This could be exactly what you are looking for to demonstrate what you can really achieve.
The hours of work for this role will be Tuesday to Saturday, 8.45am to 4.45pm with 30 minute lunch break. As a staff member you will be have 25 days annual paid leave plus 8 statutory Bank Holidays. You will also be entitled to auto-enrolment in a pension scheme with 5% employer’s contribution.
How do I apply?
To find out more and apply for the Retail Supervisor job opportunity please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request a recruitment pack.
The closing date for applications is Friday 23rd August 2019.