Project Manager - Emmaus Cornwall
Emmaus Cornwall is seeking to establish a community in Cornwall. We intend to establish housing for up to 30 companions and develop a business model that ensures a viable, sustainable and self-supporting community.
Within this role we are looking for an individual who can help the Trustees of Emmaus to achieve that aim. For the past year, Emmaus Trustees have been working in collaboration with the Eden Project with a view to establishing the Emmaus community on the Eden Project site. In doing so this scheme would create a new operational model in the way Emmaus communities are developed, and has the potential to become an exemplar model for how the Emmaus model could work in the future.
The post holder will be expected to work with Emmaus and Eden project to assess the feasibility of creating a community on the Eden site, including:
- Administering the Emmaus and Eden Project working group tasked with bringing this project to fruition
- Understanding the capital costs of creating an Emmaus community on site
- Assisting with securing the required funding needed to create the Emmaus community
- Working with the Eden Project to understand their existing site masterplan & how the Emmaus programme compliments and works with Eden’s own community projects and site operations.
- Assist with development of the business plan that underpins the overall development and assessing the different market opportunities that might exist on the site.
- Assist with creating the legal framework under which the Emmaus/Eden partnership progresses
- To identify how the proposed location at Eden can support the practical and pastoral needs of Emmaus companions
- To look at the wider Emmaus Cornwall programme and consider other initiatives that could support the charity beyond the Eden Project partnership.
Salary circa £30,000 PA (dependent on qualifications/experience).
12 month contract initially, post available on secondment if appropriate.
40 hours a week and 28 days annual leave.
The person selected for this role will be employed by Emmaus UK but will work directly to the board of Emmaus Cornwall. Emmaus UK will be responsible for all employment matters (induction, training, payroll and performance management) and Emmaus Cornwall for day to day line management and objective setting.