Part Time Cook (Permanent) 15 hours per week
Do you want to help homeless people rebuild their lives?
Emmaus Village Carlton supports formerly homeless people, known as companions. Unlike many homelessness charities, we don’t just offer companions a bed for the night, instead we offer a home for as long as someone needs it, care, support and meaningful work in a social enterprise.
We are looking for a part time cook that has good experience of delivering high quality, excellently presented food in a fast paced environment. A passion for great food, produced with excellent attention to detail
Reporting to the Catering Manager, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- A minimum 1 years’ experience of working within a catering environment
- NVQ Level 2 in Food Preparation/Catering qualification
- Knowledge of current food legislation in regards to food hygiene and health and safety in the workplace.
- Able to prepare, cook and present food to meet quality, cost and to health and safety standards
- Experience of working with and relating to a diverse range of people
The successful candidate will prepare and cook quality homemade food, baking and provide general catering in our bistro.
Actively contributing and supporting the Catering Manager and team to develop and grow the catering provision across the Emmaus Village Carlton site.
If you would like to join the team at this dynamic and successful charity and have the relevant experience, drive and enthusiasm to undertake this vital role we would like to hear from you as soon as possible.
Terms of employment
- Salary: £18,778 p.a. gross pro rata
- Working Hours – 15 hours: Days and times to be agreed
- Annual Leave – 23 days per annum, plus 8 bank holidays pro rata
- Pension – An auto enrolment pension arrangement whereby the employer contributes 5% and employees 3%
- Training & Development – Individually tailored induction, training and development
- Employee Assistance – a 24/7 employee assistance scheme is available
To apply please send your completed application form to Chloe Goodship, Catering Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: MONDAY 1st JULY 2019, 9am
Those shortlisted will be invited to an interview on Friday 12th July 2019. Please ensure you are available on this date.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.