Gift Aid allows charities to claim basic tax rate on every pound donated. In our shops, this means we can claim an extra 25% from the sale of your goods to support our work.
It’s easy to do – you just need to fill in a Gift Aid form provided by Emmaus Hertfordshire in store or at your collection.
Gift Aid is based on an agreement between Emmaus Hertfordshire and you, the supporter and by signing the declaration form you confirm that:
- You would like any money raised from the sale of your goods treated as Gift Aid donations. Your items will be given a unique reference number, which will be used to identify your items.
- You are a UK Tax payer and have paid or will pay at least the amount of UK or capital gains tax to cover the tax reclaimed on your donations to Emmaus Hertfordshire and other charities in the tax year. VAT and Council Tax do not qualify.
- You wish Emmaus Hertfordshire to act as your agent in selling the goods you have donated to the shop.
- You agree for Emmaus Hertfordshire to claim Gift Aid on all proceeds raised from the sale of your goods.
- You are not acting as a business in bringing goods in for sale.
- Emmaus Hertfordshire will determine the best price for your items and sell your goods on your behalf.
- Any goods that are unsuitable for sale or goods that Emmaus Hertfordshire is unable to sell will be recycled or disposed of responsibly and cannot be returned to you.
- We reserve the right to terminate this agreement at any time.
- We will contact you periodically by post or email to advise you when your goods have been sold. We will confirm the gross value of the proceeds from the sale of your goods, which we hope you will choose to donate to Emmaus Hertfordshire.
- You will have 21 days to contact us in writing if you choose to retain part or all of the net proceeds from the sale of your goods. There is a £10 admin charge for this.
- If we do not receive a reply from you within 21 days we will asssume that you do not wish to donate the net proceeds to Emmaus Hertfordshire.
- You must notify us if your circumstances or any of your details change.