House Clearance Services
Need a property cleared quickly & efficiently?
Emmaus Greenwich offers a friendly, quick, efficient house clearance service across South-East London, covering the boroughs of Bexley, Bromley, Greenwich, Lewisham and parts of Docklands.
For a free quote within 3 working days, or earlier if urgent, please:
Call us on 020 8854 3426 or
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We provide two different property clearance services
1. Free collection "cherry-pick" service
We will collect, free-of-charge, all the sellable items in your property and then sell them in our four charity shops in Plumstead, Welling, Lee and Poplar. The types of items we can sell are:
- Furniture including tables & chairs, wardrobes, sofas etc - all soft furnishings must have the relevant fire label sewn in
- Small & large electrical items with a CE mark
- Clothing, shoes, jewellery and accessories
- Kitchen equipment
- Books, CDs, DVDs, computer games, etc
We are unable to sell furniture which is damaged, bicycles, dirty or torn clothes, children's equipment including prams, cots etc.
2. Paid-for full house clearance service
For the full house clearance and disposal service, we will remove everything from a property, excluding fixtures or fittings attached to walls. All the saleable items will be sold in our shops and all the other items will be recycled or disposed of.
Pricing for full clearance service
Prices start from £100 per room plus VAT.
The price is dependent on:
- the number and weight of items that need to be removed
- the amount and type of items that will need to be disposed of (for example, we are charged a high disposal cost for fridges that cannot be sold)
- travel distance, parking restrictions and access to the property
Separate quotes are given for the removal of carpets and underlay and the clearing of lofts, garages and sheds.
Why use Emmaus for house clearances?
Emmaus Greenwich is a charity that provides a home and work for people who have experienced homelessness and social exclusion, known as companions. To help fund our community and to give our companions meaningful work, we collect and sell furniture, clothes and other items and sell them in our shops in London. Our goal is to help homeless people to regain their self-respect and in due course move back into mainstream society. We also help to protect the environment by reducing unnecessary landfill.
By using our house clearances services, you are helping to maintain our community and helping to protect the environment.
We rely on your continued support and kind donations to keep us going and we always do our utmost to sell, recycle and add value to the items that we receive.
So don't use a man with a van, use Emmaus Greenwich!