Do you love working outdoors, gardening or growing your own food? We are looking for volunteers to use their skills and assist with our Archcliffe Fort garden in Dover. We have exciting plans for the year ahead and are keen to work with local volunteers on the development of our garden space.
Summary of tasks:
- Tend to garden areas and prepare pots and plants for sale
- Assist in developing a management plan and growing cycle for the garden
- Plant seeds, look after plants and harvest food
- Teach companions and other volunteers about gardening
We’re looking for a dedicated individual with some knowledge of gardening and food growing. Whether you’ve got skills and experience gained on an allotment or through growing food at home, we would love for you to help us develop our garden areas. We are looking for volunteers who are willing to work alongside Emmaus Dover companions and other volunteers, to pass on their skills and knowledge to others. Ideally the volunteer would have some knowledge of Emmaus and the work we do to support formerly homeless people.
We are looking for a volunteer that will commit to at least 1 day per week (9:30am-4pm). We can be flexible in terms of what day(s) these will be.
Training, support and benefits:
- As an Emmaus Dover volunteer you will be given a full induction
- A staff member and companion will support you throughout your time as a volunteer
- We will look to provide further training where possible
- We will pay for volunteer travel expenses on the days you volunteer
- We will provide you with a full lunch on the days that you volunteer.
To register your interest or find out more please contact Debbie Stevenson on 07442 535922 or email email@example.comRegister your interest