Emmaus Cambridge Community Catering Supervisor
Hours: part time 30 hours a week 5 days out of 7 working alternate weekends.
Salary: £9.00 per hour.
Holiday: 25 days pro rata plus bank holidays.
Emmaus Cambridge runs a complex catering operation 7 days a week including weekends providing meals for Companions who live in our community and a commercial coffee shop within our social enterprise.
The role of the community catering supervisor will be;
- To support the delivery of community catering to all companions and staff with the provision of homemade nutritional food.
- To support alternate weekend delivery of the coffee shop operation
We are looking for someone who has experience of working in a busy successful food service establishment, enjoys dealing with people and has excellent communication skills. The successful applicant will:
- Support companions with the day to day running of the kitchen.
- Plan menus in consultation with companions
- Have excellent organisation skills
- Undertake shopping and food ordering
- Pay great attention to detail
- Have a good understanding of kitchen hygiene regulations
- Be able to support and work alongside companions in the coffee shop
- Prepare and cook a variety of hot/cold dishes
- Take pride in food presentation skills
The post holder will work closely with the Catering Coordinator and the staff team.
If you are looking for a challenge in a busy environment, have an open mind, a sense of social justice, a can-do attitude and sense of humour, Emmaus Cambridge could be the place for you.
The post will be subject to an enhanced disclosure and barring check for work with vulnerable adults.
Closing date for applications: 1st October 2018. Interviews held week beginning 15th October 2018
For an application pack or initial conversation, please ask for Wendy Martin or contact Wendy on 01223 863657 ext. 226 or e-mail Wendy.firstname.lastname@example.org