PO Box 5335
Contact: Jacky Kennedy (Chair)
Welcome to Emmaus Rugby!
What is Emmaus?
Emmaus is about people, many of whom arrive at Emmaus at a very low point in their lives. People become homeless for many different reasons, but at Emmaus they find the space and support they need to start rebuilding their lives.
Emmaus Communities live as a family, with members supporting each other and contributing to the well-being of all. Each Companion (or resident) has their own room, but meals are eaten together and housework is shared. All Companions work full-time in the Community business which, in turn, enables each Community not only to be self-financing, but also to support other good causes in the wider community.
The benefits of an Emmaus Community in Rugby would be:
- Emmaus offers an opportunity to escape the loneliness and rejection of homelessness.
- People recover their self-respect and take responsibility for their own lives.
- Companions sign off unemployment benefits and find full-time employment within the Community.
- Companions learn new skills and, in some cases, gain qualifications.
- Any surplus created by the business is used to help those in the local area who have less.
Emmaus Rugby would like to explore the possibility of opening a Community in the future along with a useful furniture recycling resource for local people. However, at the moment we are unable to offer accommodation to anyone or accept donations of household goods.